Information as per Article 12 GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) regarding the processing of personal data
1. Responsible authority
University of Konstanz
represented by its rector, Professor Kerstin Krieglstein
78464 Konstanz, GERMANY
Phone: +49 7531 88-0
Professor Thomas Brunner, Biochemical Pharmacology
Department of Biology
University of Konstanz
78464 Konstanz, Germany
Phone: +49 7531 88-5370
2. Data Protection Officer
3. The purpose of data processing and consequences of not providing your personal data:
Your personal data will be processed in order to organize and carry out the following event:
“FOR2036 Research Cosortium – Symposium 2020” – “Remaining Riddles in Cell Death Research” from 12-16 January 2020 in Obergurgl, Tyrol, Austria, conference hotel: Universitätszentrum Obergurgl, Alexander Zainzinger, Gaisbergweg 5, 6456 Obergurgl, phone: +43 512 507-37201, email: Alexander.Zainzinger@uibk.ac.at
· Processing and confirming registrations, compiling a list of participants with names and contact details of the participants
· If consent is given:
a. Compiling a list with names and contact details of the participants that will be distributed to all participants (hereafter: list of participants),
b. Information about future related events (hereafter: invitations),
c. Sharing the list of participants with persons involved in organizing the event (for more details see 5. External recipients)
d. Publishing the name of the participant on the conference website
· Individuals interested in attending the event must provide contact details in order to participate in the event.
4. The legal basis for
· organizing and carrying out the event, processing and confirming registrations, compiling a list of participants with names and contact details:
Article 6 para. 1 lit. e in connection with Article 6 para. 3 of the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in connection with § 2 of the Landeshochschulgesetz LHG (state law on higher education) in connection with § 4 Landesdatenschutzgesetz (data protection act) Baden-Württemberg
· List of participants, invitations and sharing of information with external recipients:
Article 6 para. 1 lit. a of the GDPR (consent)
The persons in Professor Brunner’s team at Department of Biology, research group Biochemical Pharmacology, who are involved in organizing the event
Alexander Zainzinger and staff
6456 Obergurgl, Austria
Phone: +43 512 507-37201
Fax: +43 512 507-37400
(please contact email@example.com if you have any questions)
6. Storage duration
· Until the event has been carried out, i.e. data are deleted around three months after the last conference day.
· This excludes data that must be saved for accounting purposes along with budgetary documents for 10 years.
· Details such as your first and last name, email address and contact details are also excepted if during the registration process you agreed to receive information on future related events. Your data will be deleted if you revoke your consent or when we are no longer able to contact you.
7. Your rights
· In accordance with Article 15 GDPR, you have the right to request information from the University of Konstanz about any data it stores related to your person and/or to have incorrect data corrected as per Article 16 GDPR.
· You also have the right to demand that your data be deleted (Article 17 GDPR) or that the processing and use thereof be restricted (Article 18 GDPR), as well as to object to the processing and use of your data (Article 21 GDPR).
· You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of data at any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing since consent was provided before its withdrawal (Article 13 GDPR).
· To better understand and exercise your rights, please contact our data protection officer via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Professor Thomas Brunner via email: Thomas.Brunner@uni-konstanz.de.
· You also have the right to file a complaint with the regulating authority if you believe that the processing and use of your personal data is in violation of the law (Article 77 GDPR). The responsible contact person at the regulating authority is the Landesbeauftragter für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit Baden-Württemberg (state commissioner for data protection and the freedom of information in Baden-Württemberg) (https://www.baden-wuerttemberg.datenschutz.de).